iRisk & Workers' Compensation LLC is your first choice for Medicare consulting services in Chula Vista, CA. As an employer, it can be confusing to navigate the world of Medicare and Medicaid. However, when it comes to the wellness of your employees, you don't want to leave anything to chance. Our Medicare consultants are ready to support you. Reach out to us for Medicare secondary payer consulting in Chula Vista, CA. We'll help you understand the continued legislative changes regarding Medicare reporting and payment.
Section 111 of the Medicare, Medicaid, & SCHIP Extension Act of 2007 (MMSEA)
The majority of businesses recognize the statement, "to protect Medicare/Medicaid's interests." This refers to situations in which another entity is required to pay for covered services before Medicare does and must do so without regard to a patient's Medicare entitlement as directed by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
The purpose of Section 111 reporting is to enable CMS to pay appropriately for Medicare-covered items and services furnished to Medicare beneficiaries. Section 111 NGHP reporting of applicable liability insurance (including self-insurance), no-fault insurance, and workers compensation claim information helps CMS determine when other insurance coverage is primary to Medicare, meaning that it should pay for the items and services before Medicare considers its payment responsibilities.
Depend on our Medicare consulting services to help you navigate all the requirements as established by CMS and ensure that all reporting conditions are met.
What We Do
- Guide You Through the Legislative Maze of Secondary Payer Statutes & Reporting
- Provide Guidance Registering You as a Responsible Reporting Entity
- Report 'Ongoing Responsibility for Medicals' regarding Medicare/Medicaid-Eligible Claims to CMS
- Assist with the Understanding & Application of the 2010 International Classification of Disease (ICD) Codes
- Review & Assist with Conditional Payment Recovery to CMS